In my last post, I promised I’d get you some pictures as soon as the HUD started looking presentable, that day has arrived. I’ve also decided to share my ‘build notes’ as I go, since it’s very much like my list of changes when I do updates. I’m just updating from an un-released version. 🙂 So without further ado…
Un-Released Notes 0.4 alpha: (things marked (done) are completed)
- – Can post before point is set? shouldn’t allow that. (done)
- – Let owner know when they are removed. (done)
- – Max scan distance change to 52.(done)
- – Owner Select puts names/keys in hidden input. This overloads the page. find a new way. (done)
- – Owner select, names of different lengths = different button sizes. 😦 (done)
- – Post not working without self-control. (done)
- – EH? But I’m not leashed!: “Sorry, Can’t beckon Darien Caldwell while they are leashed, linked, or posted.” (use yank) (done)
- – Item timeout fails if they double click while waiting. (done)
- – Owner addition confirm message. (done)
- – Items send their ID on the HUD channel but still receive on their random_channel. (done)
- – on_rez()/ changed() items should ping their random channel. if reply, new channel. (done)
- – H_SENSING triggers RLV_process_leash(); in *every* HUD. BAD bad!
- – for Linking, need a way to select target too.
- – items need to provide their capabilities list to the HUD.
- – finish the update check/ theme choosing.
- – Work on Dialog functionality for users without HTML capabilities.
- – Work on the appearance HUD.
- – Icons need a border (round corners) and the color part should be a gradient.
So as you can see, I’ve made a lot of progress, but still have a fair amount to do.
Now to those promised pictures:
These screens aren’t necessarily final, but they should give you an idea where I’m heading. Good products, like good food, take time. I hope what you see makes the wait worth it. Until later…