It’s been less than a week since I reported my ‘to do’ list, and I’ve been working furiously since then. So here’s the latest list. Items completed on the last list have been removed, so this is all new:
Un-Released Notes 0.8 beta: (things marked (done) are completed)
- – H_SENSING” triggers RLV_process_leash(); in every hud. BAD bad! (done)
- – Owned Restraints showed up as “my” restraints and vice versa. (done)
- – other huds should update on state-change. (leashed, etc) *only* if already on the page (done)
- – no HTML response for ‘has already locked this restraint.’ message (done)
- – Invalid Key passed to instant message. (from msg-srv on owner delete) (done)
- – items need to provide their capabilities list to the HUD. (done)
- – finish the update check/ theme choosing. (done)
- – if no restraints selected for owner add/remove proceeds anyway. (done)
- – If owner removed, must remove any restrictions they have placed. (done)
- – Some sort of safeword functionality. (done)
- – Work on the appearance HUD. (done)
- – add RGB values to “last color” display. (done)
- – Sounds! (done)
- – Create a set of white textures. (done)
- – Icons need a border (round corners) and the color part should be a gradient. (done)
- – Beckon reinstate leash, shouldn’t do that. (done)
- – yank sound logic is backward. (done)
- – for Linking, need a way to select target too. (worked out a touch system) (done)
- – see if prims for particles can be touchable too (LINK selecting) (done, see above)
- – Make themes list load from JS, so remotely updatable. (done)
- – owners menu needs shifted right. (done)
- – Chain FROM not Chain TO (done)
- – second user’s controls have corrupted title: (done)
- – When self-restraining, shouldn’t send double status messages (IM and Ownersay) (done)
- – Message to click when Linking? (done)
- – if leashed to front, then posted to back, front chain doesn’t get cleared… (done)
- – need a HUD Minimize function (done)
- – Work on Dialog functionality for users without HTML capabilities.
So yes, a lot accomplished. The sharp-eyed may spy some interesting entries up there, and I’ll highlight them for everyone else.
First off, Appearance HUD (or as I call it, the Aspect HUD) is done. Because of the time I took making the HUD for the gauntlet extensible and fairly ‘generic’ (yet still powerful), adapting it to the Harness was a snap. I’m really happy about this, because it means bringing a high level of customization to products will be a breeze, always. 🙂
Semi-related to the above, I wasn’t happy with the idea of just having one texture to start off. So because I had extra budgeted time left over thanks to the Aspect HUD going so well, I created a set of ‘white’ textures for the Harness. These serve a dual purpose, they both allow you to have a white harness, and allows for tinting with color. The results can be pretty nice. Here, for example, is a Red/Black color scheme I whipped up easily with the Aspect HUD:
Of course you have the full range of colors to choose from. Combined with shiny/fullbright/ and various zone combinations, the possibilities are legion.
This does *not* mean I won’t be adding other texture presets later. I will. Probably first on my list will be a nice latex/style set, as we know Shiny doesn’t necessarily provide the exact look for that. But we’ll get to that when the time comes.
Now, you also probably notice there is one, lone tiny item left undone on the list. Sadly it’s probably one of the biggest. The HUD uses HTML as I have mentioned, but due to the fact that there is a small segment of people who can’t or won’t upgrade to viewers that support that HTML, I have to build in a menu system as well to accommodate them. It will in fact probably be a hybrid of menu and chat commands. Because of the advanced nature of the controls necessary for a “All-In-One” HUD, it’s going to be very challenging to make that translate to such a crude interface. But I’m going to try. Once that is done, The Harness scripting will be done. 😀
At that point, it’s just the usual flurry of details to release. Settling on a price, making product sale materials, notecards, the various sizes for inclusion i the final package, etc. So it’s definitely entering end-game.