It’s been a couple of days since the Female Harness was released, and it’s been a really busy time. It’s also been very emotional and gratifying for me, as I’ve seen so many old, friendly faces arriving at the store, and saying hello. I could never have asked for a more warmer welcome, and it means a lot to me. Thanks everyone! 🙂
There is never a release without some bumps, and as the ‘christening voyage’ of [H]arsh, this one is definitely no exception. So here’s a rundown of what was learned and what will be happening moving forward:
- BUGS: Yes, there are a few that have come to light. Nothing incredibly serious, so i can take my time fixing them. Some of the bugs are also present in the Gauntlets too, so expect an update for it as well.
- SHAPES: Much to my relief, the standard shapes I created are very successful. Most are able to find one that fits them well. But there are some exceptions, and Especially for those of miniature stature, it’s become clear there’s problems with the shoulderblades. Even custom fitting can’t completely correct the issue, so I’m looking into other options. After sleeping on it, I realized that maybe an alpha layer to tame the peaks on the back could work, so I will be experimenting with that. Stay tuned…
- GAUNTLETS: One of the major things I want to do is have some continuity across products. So I plan to update the Gauntlets with the same texture options that the harness how has. As well there were some Aspect HUD features i added to the Harness that weren’t originally in the Gauntlets. That will be rectified.
- FAT PACK: A number of people have expressed a desire to buy all the sizes I offer as one complete pack. I will make that possible ASAP. The price will be slightly higher than a single Harness, due to the huge value-added people are getting, with the downside being they will be No-Trans in addition to No-Copy.
- FREE HUD: The concept behind the FLEX Control HUD is that once you have one, you’re set for all [H]arsh items you will ever encounter in SL, anywhere, for all time, now and in the future. And that’s a concept I really believe in. But, I do understand that there’s going to be people who you may encounter who don’t want to invest anything but their time in SL. So to be equitable, I’ll be developing a ‘free hud’ that is copyable. It will however be very basic, and possibly tied to only one avatar at a time. I’m still working out the details of that concept. But be assured, something is in the works in that regard.
- FEATURES: I didn’t have time to include all the features I wanted in the Harness the first time around. Most notably lacking, and first on my list, is a timelock. Expect to see that soon. I also released with only 2 themes for the FLEX Control HUD. More will be on the way. And I promised a latex texture for the Harness (and by extension, the Gauntlets), so expect to see that too. That’s as far as I’ve planned out at this time as far as upgrades go…
- POST/ANCHOR: Last, but not least, Yes, I recycled the Anchor from Dari’s Haus. Yes, it’s 12 prims. Yes I will be updating it. 😛 I didn’t want to hold up release over the Anchor, so I went with what I had. I want it to be special and my muse can’t be rushed. 🙂
Now, the other question is, What’s next? What will Dari pull out of her hat for the next big product? Well, I have lots of ideas, but up til now, I’ve been doing what *I* want to do, and that’s fine, and will continue. But, It’s not all about me. This next one, I want to do what *you* want. So I propose to hold a vote.
Here’s how it will work. Anyone can submit an idea, concept, picture or what-have-you of an idea for what I should make next. I’ll compile and collate all that and come up with the top 3 most popular and snazzy ideas. I’ll then put a poll up and let everyone vote. The idea with the most votes, gets made. 🙂 The only rules are, it has to be possible within the realm of Second Life, not be laggy or disruptive to the Virtual World, and of course it must be legal. 😛
So start sending your wishes today. You can post here in the comments, or submit them to me via Notecard in-world. I’ll leave the submissions open for a week, until Feburary 7th.