Well, I’ve kind of lost count on my updates, but that’s ok. 😛 Lets get down to the nitty-gritty…
I’m happy to say today I finish the last animation for the straitjacket project! Yay! 😀 What an ordeal. I have to say animating is one of my least favorite things. And having 14 arm positions, with 3 discrete animations each, added up to a lot of pain. ;P
If you paid attention from last time you’re saying “14? last time it was 12 arm positions.” And you would be right. But I did go through all the suggestions, and pulled out two more. Here are the two new ones:
Thanks again to everyone who offered suggestions.
I decided I wanted to show off one of the many struggle sequences I did (after putting so much work into them), so here’s a clip showing one cycle of the base struggle:
Note that this is just the arms, the other parts of the avatar are animated separately. So it may look a little wooden. 🙂 I am very happy with how these came out, and I hope you like them too, when you get your mitts on them ;P
So next week I’ll start on some ‘intermediate details’ and finally the scripting, which is the last step. Almost there!