This is old news to those in my In-world group, but for the rest of you, here’s your notice. 🙂
When I released the Harness, I took quite a few shortcuts to get it out the door on time, one being that I recycled my old Dari’s Haus Anchor for the leashing. I know it’s old and too many prims, so finally I have created a new mesh alternative. And best of all, they are available to all, as a freebie. Feel free to head over and pick them up at the store.
The two ring Floor standing post is 3 prims, and the wall mount single ring is just 2 prims. I also threw in a pair of my mesh leash handles for a complete set of hardware.
Thes items will work with any Lockmeister compatible attachments in SL. However, the secondary ring on the double ring post is only functional with [H]arsh items.
And as some requested, I’m releasing both texture templates, and Ambient Occlusion Maps for the textures used on these. Don’t like my textures? Feel free to make your own. There are two ‘endcaps’ AO maps, one is for the floor standing model, one is for the wall mount. The actual template, and the rest is the same between the two.
You can download the templates here:
This update fixes some issues discovered with the operation of the Gauntlets’ Aspect HUD as well as updates the Gauntlets themselves. Some changes to the UV mapping was done to facilitate the NEW textures on the arm surface.
Version 1.01 ——–
- Added New arm body textures, (Dark and Light) to match the Harness.
- Added “Last Color” display for using the same color across different zones.
- Fixed a bug where the HUD would position badly if worn while already minimized.
- Adjusted the HUD minimize landing zones (off screen for 4:3 ratio screens)
- Changed the Alpha/color delay for the mesh coloring bug workaround. Delay wasn’t sufficient for all viewers.
- Added the ability to change the Shine and Brightness of the buckles and Zip Pull.
The update can be retrieved from the Main Store. Instructions on how to check are located in the update area. Because this update affects both the HUD *and* the Gauntlet pieces in very invasive ways, the Update is in 2 parts, and the update does require the items be rezzed. The update should lead you through the stages step-by-step, but feel free to contact me if you have issues. Enjoy
Dark Tintable Surface
Light tintable surface (tinted blue)
This update fixes some issues discovered with the operation of the FLEX Control HUD after the initial release. Most of these aren’t too serious or only occur in specific situations, but Updating is recommended.
Version 1.01 ——–
- Fixed an issue where the HUD loses selected Restraint info when Minimized, starts having “Can’t use llRegionSayTo() on channel 0” errors.
- Fixed a Script error that was produced when using the safeword when the item wasn’t locked.
- Fixed an issue with the Msg-Serv IM service.
- Passing a HUD in dialog mode between avatars caused it to become unresponsive. Fixed.
- The HUD would stay in Dialog mode if handed to another avatar that way, possibly depriving them of the rich Media experience! Fixed.
- Adjusted the HUD minimize landing zones (off-screen for 4:3 ratio screens)
The update can be retrieved from the Main Store. Instructions on how to check are located in the update area. For my Loyal Dari’s Haus customers, there’s one thing different from the procedure I used to use, Updates can now be done while wearing the item, rezzing isn’t necessary. But, I strongly urge you to detach the item after updating, and waiting 30 seconds, to be sure the changes are saved to the database. Enjoy 🙂
Hello again. 🙂 Just figured I would drop a note, I’m making decent progress on the Harness scripting, the low-level functions are complete, I’m now concentrating on the HUD’s user interface.
After a lot of thought, I decided to go with HTML on a prim. It offers a lot of advantages, the majority of people should have the capability in their viewer by now, and I can’t really see doing it as nice, or as functional, any other way.
I will still have a dialog menu and possibly chat commands available for those who don’t have PrimTML (I’m coining a new phrase 😛 ) capability. But it probably won’t be as pretty as I would like. The project is just too ambitious for those old technologies.
I’ll try to get some demo screenshots as things progress. I’m making a conscious effort to *not* go crazy and try to add everything I want to right now, because it would take forever if I did that. “Just the basics. Can always add it later.” I keep saying. But it’s really hard. I love packing in features. Never fear though, the time for release is drawing near.