As those who’ve been keeping track know, I’ve been working on a Latex ‘Drone’ Avatar, and that project has completed with the release of the tkISO.
Working in cooperation with the folks at Think Kink (Ilana Debevec, Sejourn Daxter and Chloe1982 Constantine), the project has reached fruition. You’re already familar with my part, The lovely lines of the Fitted Mesh Latex, and the sleek, shiny look that only an Advanced Materials mesh can achieve. But today I’ll tell you about all the hard work that’s gone into the tkISO on the scripting side, and some tips for best usage.
First the rundown:
- Fitted Mesh – No bunch of sizes that don’t fit. No needing a custom fitting. It will take on your shape, as set by the Default Avatar shape Sliders.
- Advanced Materials – Beautiful Detail, amazing realtime reflections and shine, Nothing in SL comes close!
- Appearance configuration – Change the color of all of the various zones on the avatar (Head, Faceplate, Neck, shoulders, Torso, arms, hands, legs, and boots)
- Seamed/Seamless mode – Seamed Mode is the Advanced Materials setting, which has the advanced shine and normal mapping for added realism. For those who want a more sleek look, Seamless gives a smooth, flat surface with the standard SL shine (shine configurable).
- Hair – A stylish ponytail can be shown or hidden. And of course the color can be set as you like.
- 3 Locking modes – Self locking, Public Mode, or “Privileged” mode is available. Privileged mode means only your “Privileged” operator (or owner(s)) can access controls.
- Full owner configuration, with a ban-list. You can not only add the people you want to your suit, but ban the people you don’t want.
- Timer – Fully configurable in 15 minute increments, with a Timer Pause, SL time or RL time setting, and more.
- Restrictions – A full gamut of restrictions, including the standard no touch, no see no talk type. But also some clever new ones, such Intelligent garbling Chat Name override, and my favorite “Blink Mode” which only allows you to talk in a sort of sign language by blinking your visor different colors. :)
- Freeze Mode – An additional restriction that requires the ISO to stay a certain distance away, or near other people. If the distance isn’t maintained, they unit ‘shuts down’ until such time as the proper distance is re-established. You’re given a warning, so heed it! :)
- Punish – There’s also some handy punishment buttons for unruly ISOs. I won’t go into details, but I will say the animations are very well done.
Now that i’ve outlined the features, let me give some of my own tips. (and some pictures!)
When you first open the box, the ISO will look like this:
This is in “Un-Seamed” appearance mode with no color. A fresh slate ready for your customization.
But I know you want that Beautiful Advanced Materials look, and it’s just a click away. Clicking your head brings up a menu. Go to “Style” and there is what you seek, the “Seamed” button.
Clicking it will instantly transform your ISO into Advanced Materials goodness. But Never fear, if you ever want to go back to “Seamless”, there’s a button for that too.
Now the Coloring menu has 32 lovely colors to choose from, but if you want to set your own, you can, by just editing the suit. editing the head is the place to start, since the clicky prim makes it easy to select.
You can choose “Select Face” and carefully click on the various areas to set a color on an individual section. Or just color the whole thing. But usually the preset colors are just fine, and the built-in appearance menus break every section out individually.
Pro-Tip: you can also hide the hands/boots/head this way by setting the “Transparency %” to 100 if you want to mix and match with other items.
Where do I get it?
As this is a joint project between myself and Think Kink, it was decided for this project it would be sold through the Think Kink Brand (but don’t worry, I still get paid :P ).
So you can buy it here, on the Marketplace:
or at the Think Kink store inworld:
Just look for the display!