I’ve shown a few some of my work in progress on the straitjacket, but I figured It’s time to show a little to all in general. I want to make it clear again, that this is very much a work in progress and there’s still a lot to do. So keep that in mind.
As many in the group already know, I’m in full creative mode working on the straitjacket, at last. It’s a relief and a frustration at the same time for me. I’m sure there are many types of creative people just as there are many types of people in general. But for me, the creative process is one full of hard choices, and at times, self-doubt. It’s important to me to try to deliver something that is not only detailed, well designed, and well made, but creative, innovative, and unexpected too. It can be a very tall order to fill. I can say with certainty I don’t always live up to my own expectations.
But the worst is when I get a creative block. Sometimes it’s drawing a blank, other times its having too many ideas, and not being sure which way to go with them. If I can’t get a clear picture of what direction I’m on, It’s hard to proceed. That’s where I find myself today. I know I’ll work past it, but it’s always rough hitting a spot like this. Doing so can lead to the aforementioned self-doubt, uncertainty, and fear of failure. Sometimes sleeping on it helps, or just stepping away and doing something else for a time. I guess it’s all part of the birthing pains that creation begets. I’m not going to give up though, nothing worthwhile is ever easy.
It was painful, but It’s finally done:
You can read all the documentation in our newly added Help and Docs Section.
As well I have created this handy compare guide, to decide which is best for you:
Last but not Least, FREE Stuff! As promised, those who purchased the Female Harness previous to the release of the Clicker, get the clicker for free. Head to the Store and click the Scrying Ball to see if you qualify.
IMPORTANT: There is an update to the harness included in the FREE FLEX Clicker box. You must install this update before the clicker will work. Instructions are included. Enjoy! – Dari
Hello once again. Once again to check in and give an update on whats going on.
I continue to be extremely busy with customs and store matters. I don’t expect that will change. It’s one of the drawbacks of being a one woman show. But until I find someone willing to put in the long hours for little gain like I do, it’s how it will remain. 🙂 Nevertheless, in between I did manage to complete and release two very important updates since I last posted. The FLEX Control HUD update and the Harness update were both very important milestones and put the products at a stable version. That saves me from dealing with a lot of issues and helps keep everyone happy. I also managed to get the new Posts/Anchors package completed and released.
So What’s new? Well…
Right on the heels of the FLEX HUD Update, the companion update for the Harness. This is the second half of the Timelock update to the Harness. You need both halves to use the Timelock. 🙂
Version 1.01 ——–
- Changed the Alpha/color delay for the mesh coloring bug workaround. Delay wasn’t sufficient for all viewers.
- Removing an owner didn’t properly release any leashing they had in place. Fixed.
- Corrected a problem where chaining to the front ring, and then to the back ring, (or vice versa) could sometimes lead to having two chains visible.
- Added a Timelock. You or your owners can now specify a time period for the harness to automatically unlock.
- Added support for automated version checking.
Aspect HUD —
- Fixed a bug where the Aspect HUD would position badly if worn while already minimized.
- Adjusted the Aspect HUD minimize landing zones (off-screen for 4:3 ratio screens)
Please Note: in order to use the Timelock feature, both the Harness *and* the FLEX HUD must be at the latest version!
Also, know that you can update while locked, even with RLV. All settings (owner list, locked/locked by, etc) are preserved and restored after updating. No muss-no fuss. 🙂
As always the update can be retrieved from the Main Store. Instructions on how to check are located in the update area. Updates can be done while wearing the item, rezzing isn’t necessary. But, I strongly urge you to detach the item after updating, and waiting 30 seconds, to be sure the changes are saved to the database. Enjoy 🙂
Another round of bug fixes and features for you to enjoy. 🙂 This update is a critical first half of the Timelock update to the Harness.
Version 1.02 ——–
- Added support for Timelocks on items.
- Fixed a problem with the ..Back button not working on the Leash length menu.
- Corrected an issue with owner selection and very long names.
- Added Time Left display to “Status”.
- Fixed an improper reference to who was unlocking or unleashing a restraint.
- Corrected a problem where “Ignoring” a menu while on a submenu made a subsequent main menu action act like an invalid submenu click.
- “Status” now displays Who has locked/leashed the active restraint.
- Fixed an issue where Owners recently added weren’t put on the TP exception list until after the sub relogged.
- Corrected an issue with the “Lightness” theme which caused it to have scroll bars on some displays.
- Reduced detected avatars for owner assignment to 8. More leads to http_response() MAX_LENGTH overflow.
- Enhanced update notification functions for future updates.
The update can be retrieved from the Main Store. Instructions on how to check are located in the update area. Updates can be done while wearing the item, rezzing isn’t necessary. But, I strongly urge you to detach the item after updating, and waiting 30 seconds, to be sure the changes are saved to the database. Enjoy 🙂