Overall, things have been going well. Maybe too well. The popularity of the Harness took me somewhat by surprise. It’s a good thing, but it also puts a lot of demands on my time, trying to keep up with customer service, custom fittings, and resolving any issues that inevitably arise. As a result, things have not been progressing at the rate I would like to see.
This is old news to those in my In-world group, but for the rest of you, here’s your notice. 🙂
When I released the Harness, I took quite a few shortcuts to get it out the door on time, one being that I recycled my old Dari’s Haus Anchor for the leashing. I know it’s old and too many prims, so finally I have created a new mesh alternative. And best of all, they are available to all, as a freebie. Feel free to head over and pick them up at the store.
The two ring Floor standing post is 3 prims, and the wall mount single ring is just 2 prims. I also threw in a pair of my mesh leash handles for a complete set of hardware.
Thes items will work with any Lockmeister compatible attachments in SL. However, the secondary ring on the double ring post is only functional with [H]arsh items.
And as some requested, I’m releasing both texture templates, and Ambient Occlusion Maps for the textures used on these. Don’t like my textures? Feel free to make your own. There are two ‘endcaps’ AO maps, one is for the floor standing model, one is for the wall mount. The actual template, and the rest is the same between the two.
You can download the templates here:
And we have a clear winner. The straitjacket won out with a clear lead, 2 to 1 over the other choices. So this weekend I will set aside some time to start planning out what this Straitjacket will be, what it will do, and how it will be made. Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions, and taking the time to vote. I will do my best to not disappoint. 🙂
This update fixes some issues discovered with the operation of the Gauntlets’ Aspect HUD as well as updates the Gauntlets themselves. Some changes to the UV mapping was done to facilitate the NEW textures on the arm surface.
Version 1.01 ——–
- Added New arm body textures, (Dark and Light) to match the Harness.
- Added “Last Color” display for using the same color across different zones.
- Fixed a bug where the HUD would position badly if worn while already minimized.
- Adjusted the HUD minimize landing zones (off screen for 4:3 ratio screens)
- Changed the Alpha/color delay for the mesh coloring bug workaround. Delay wasn’t sufficient for all viewers.
- Added the ability to change the Shine and Brightness of the buckles and Zip Pull.
The update can be retrieved from the Main Store. Instructions on how to check are located in the update area. Because this update affects both the HUD *and* the Gauntlet pieces in very invasive ways, the Update is in 2 parts, and the update does require the items be rezzed. The update should lead you through the stages step-by-step, but feel free to contact me if you have issues. Enjoy
So as you know I asked for suggestions on what I should do next, and people certainly weren’t shy in sharing their ideas. 🙂 That left me with the un-enviable task of trying to narrow it down to a few choices to vote on. I slept on it, and from the responses I received here and in-world, picked the 3 most popular and doable items.
This doesn’t mean the others won’t ever be realized, it just means that for now they take a back-seat. So now it’s up to you to cast your vote, and we’ll see which comes out on top!
To make the vote as fair as possible, voting will be in-world at the main store in Borgbeef. Only one vote per avatar! (please do not use Alts to stuff the ballot box!). Happy voting!
Also, don’t forget to pick up the FLEX HUD Update if you haven’t already…
This update fixes some issues discovered with the operation of the FLEX Control HUD after the initial release. Most of these aren’t too serious or only occur in specific situations, but Updating is recommended.
Version 1.01 ——–
- Fixed an issue where the HUD loses selected Restraint info when Minimized, starts having “Can’t use llRegionSayTo() on channel 0” errors.
- Fixed a Script error that was produced when using the safeword when the item wasn’t locked.
- Fixed an issue with the Msg-Serv IM service.
- Passing a HUD in dialog mode between avatars caused it to become unresponsive. Fixed.
- The HUD would stay in Dialog mode if handed to another avatar that way, possibly depriving them of the rich Media experience! Fixed.
- Adjusted the HUD minimize landing zones (off-screen for 4:3 ratio screens)
The update can be retrieved from the Main Store. Instructions on how to check are located in the update area. For my Loyal Dari’s Haus customers, there’s one thing different from the procedure I used to use, Updates can now be done while wearing the item, rezzing isn’t necessary. But, I strongly urge you to detach the item after updating, and waiting 30 seconds, to be sure the changes are saved to the database. Enjoy 🙂